Irresistible Customer Experience: The Core Truth
An irresistible customer experience is not the tough unachievable summit many leaders and teams picture. There are things that every customer wants to hear and wants to experience.
Irresistible Customer Experience: What Everyone Wants
An irresistible experience …
- Is pleasurable.
- Makes us feel wanted.
- Puts us in a positive light.
- Gives us something we really want.
- Surprises us with something positive we didn’t even know we wanted.
- Gets better and better each time.
- Reawakens pleasant feelings we had before.
- Prevents or relieves difficulty or pain.
- Elevates us in some way.
An irresistible experience doesn’t …
- Inflict pain.
- Require anger for action.
What customers want to hear …
- Welcome. We’re happy you’re here.
- Thank you for being our customer.
- You’re the reason we exist.
- We like serving you.
- We respect your choices.
- We’re glad you’re back.
- We’re listening.
- We work hard so you won’t have to.
- You’re worth it.
- We’re sorry you’re having trouble. Let us fix it!
- We will make this easy for you.
Marketing folks capture this core truth of irresistible customer experience in the company tag lines they write. So why do so many companies with great tag lines struggle with delivering an irresistible customer experience?
They make the simple truth complicated!
- They don’t believe that customer experience is critical to financial success. Yet the simple truth is, customers leave when the experience they have with your company is mediocre or bad.
- They mistrust customers and thus hedge on giving. Irresistible customer experience becomes unattainable.
- They mistrust employees and thus don’t empower them. Say goodbye to irresistible customer experience.
- They become metric-centric instead of customer-centric. Customers don’t list great metrics as an irresistible customer experience!
- They believe that only small companies can deliver an irresistible customer experience very time. They think that scaling up makes wowing the customer impossible. This belief blocks the possibility. If you can’t envision it, it won’t happen.
However, when we remember the core truth of what every customer wants, we are well on the way to delivering an irresistible customer experience every single time.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
Customer Experience Superstars & The Irresistible Things They Give
Customer Experience Vibe: Are You Being Generous or Greedy
Fake Empowerment: The True Cost to Customer Experience
©2014 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.