Super Customer Experience: The Warm Quick Wins
Customer experience professionals study the complex structures, channels, and data to improve customer experience. Important work to be sure.
My work in super customer experience brings the research to life in everyday ways. Despite how customers differ, there are no cost improvements you can make right now to deliver super customer experience to everyone!
Image licensed from Istock.com
Super Customer Experience: 5 Immediate No Cost Improvements
Whether you are a global corporation, a hot new start-up, an infrastructure service group, a mid-size enterprise or a small business, customer experience happens in a moment and you can ensure those moments are easy and memorable!
- Speak clearly! Yes this simple no cost step reduces stress, inspires attention, and builds loyalty bonds. Whether it’s the words you use, the tone of voice, the web site verbiage, the written chat exchanges, or the quality of the phone line, it delivers super customer experience! If the customer ends up thinking or saying, huh … what, it’s time to revamp how you communicate. Get rid of jargon. Think customer not procedures.
- Think one! One customer at a time. One company delivering super customer experience. How? Empower all who interface with the customers to think and act as the one representative of the company. Finally, forever, get rid of silos! Silos can be organizational structure or even individuals who don’t talk to each other. Either way, seamless teamwork is a no cost fix that delivers super customer experience.
- Be complete! Half-truths, incomplete explanations, different answers from different employees, all of this undermines super customer experience. It breeds customer mistrust and disrespect. It delays the WOW. It is frustrating and negatively memorable. For no cost, you can deliver super customer experience by being complete when speaking with the customer.
- Think easy and even fun! Look at every aspect of customer interaction and ask, is it easy and fun for the customer? The places where it isn’t, you have most likely reverted to an internal focus, a procedural prominence, or manipulation to get them to buy more. For no cost, you can convert all this to super customer experience!
- Love the customers or leave the business. Hire employees who really like being in service to others. They exist. They sustain the customers, each other, morale, and the business! All the other applicants who see customer service purely as a stepping stone to a career will never deliver super customer experience. Why hire them?
Example: I recently heard a discussion at the next table in a Panera Bread. The young woman told her mentor, “I’m a people person. Yet all I did in the customer service department was listen to angry people complain. I want to work with nice people!” She’s not really a people person. She wants people to serve her needs. So beware of the phrase “I’m a people person” in interviews. Find out if they want to be in service to others! They will deliver super customer experience.
Immediate no cost improvements for super customer experience make a difference. They are the actions that communicate your mission of customer care. They tell the customers: We want you and we want you back!
Never ever underestimate the value of making life easy and even fun for the customer to get them back. When the product or service you sell hits the mark and the interaction to get it and use it is easy, customers have no need to look elsewhere.
Would you like to add 5 more no cost improvements to this list? Let’s hear your experience!!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™
©2013 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.