Assertiveness – Ask for What You Want: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat Feb. 13th
by Kate Nasser |
Assertiveness – Ask for What You Want is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Feb. 13, 2022 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: Daylight Saving Time is over and USA is now on standard time again.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Standard Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Assertiveness – Ask for What You Want
Many people believe that people skills only focus on caring for others. This isn’t true. People skills are the mechanism you use to connect with others so everyone can live happy and achieve. People skills can help you with assertiveness to ask for what you want in ways that don’t run over or discount others. This is the magic of people skills. So, please come join us in in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. Feb. 13, 10am EST on Twitter to share your experiences and insights on how to ask for what you want while still respecting other’s needs.
Assertiveness – How to Ask for What You Want
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- When you think of asking for what you want, what image do you get?
- Focusing on yourself and what you need is ____________.
- How does our upbringing affect whether or how we speak up and ask for what we want?
- How can we prepare and be ready to answer the question: What do you really want?
- When you think that asking for what you want may create conflict, what do you do?
- Picture others asking you for what they want. What do you think of them?
- What beliefs help/hinder asking for what you want?
- How does it benefit yourself and others to be clear and ask for what you want?
- What challenges and obstacles do we face when asking for what we want in a work setting?
- How do self-worth and self-respect relate to asking for what you want?
- How can you ask for what you want and still consider other’s needs?
- Imagine that you have just asked for what you want and someone tells you that you are self-absorbed and selfish. What would you do?
- How do people skills play a crucial role in being assertive without running over others?
- What type of statements work well in asking for what you want?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Feb. 13, 2022 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore assertiveness – -how to ask for what you want.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Feb. 13, 2022 at 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST to explore assertiveness — how to ask for what you want.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Feb. 13, 2022 at 10amEST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Assertiveness – How to Ask for What You Want.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.