Avoid Toxic Manipulation: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat Sun. Dec. 13th 10am ET
by Kate Nasser |
Avoid Toxic Manipulation is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Dec. 13, 2020 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: Daylight Saving Time is over and USA is now on standard time again.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Standard Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Avoid Toxic Manipulation
Very few like to be manipulated. Manipulation is toxic to healthy communication and relationships. It subverts respect for selfish gain. Whether in business or in everyday personal life, it’s important to know how to spot, handle, and even avoid toxic manipulation. Please join us this Sunday Dec. 13th, 2020 in global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter at 10am EST to explore how to handle and avoid toxic manipulation.
Avoid Toxic Manipulation
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- How do you define manipulation?
- Where does manipulation get its start?
- Why do people manipulate situations and other people?
- When you are manipulating others, what are you not doing for them?
- What are all the telltale signs and forms of manipulation?
- How does being manipulated make you feel?
- What reactions do people have to being manipulated?
- How does manipulation affect relationships at work and in everyday life?
- In general, when you sense manipulation, how can you stop it?
- What communication words, phrases, and behaviors are manipulative?
- What specific people skills techniques / steps do you use to handle manipulative communication?
- How can you overcome previous scars of toxic manipulation and not panic when it starts to happen again?
- When does manipulation turn into bullying? Or is it a form of passive aggressive bullying from the start?
- What can leaders do to foster and create a culture of honest communication instead of toxic manipulation?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Dec. 13th, 2020 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to discuss how to handle and avoid toxic manipulation.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Dec. 13th, 2020 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST to explore how to handle and avoid toxic manipulation.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Dec. 13th 2020 at 10amEST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: How to handle and avoid toxic manipulation.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2020 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.