Being Truly Present: JOIN Weekly Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. July 24th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Being Truly Present is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday July 24, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Being Truly Present vs. Being Around
We spend so much of our time around other people. In our personal lives and at work, we are with other people. Yet, how present are we, really? Are we just around each other or we really there for each other? There are big differences between being truly present and just being around. Come join us in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. July 24th at 10am EDT on Twitter to explore and share your insights on how and why to be truly present for others vs. just being around. Many thx to global #PeopleSkillsChat moderator Jandis Price for this thought-provoking topic.
Being Truly Present vs. Just Being Around
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- How does the phrase ‘be truly present’ with others sit with you? Images, thoughts?
- What is the difference between being around vs. being truly present with others?
- What beliefs impact our desire and ability to really be there with and for others?
- When I think of the times others have really been there for me, I feel ________________.
- How does being present drive great leadership, teamwork, and collaboration if at all?
- What actions are key for really being present with others?
- How does emotional intelligence play a role in being there for and with others, if at all?
- How do you know when someone is being present vs. just being around you? Examples?
- What problems can we A) prevent B) solve by giving others our full attention?
- What would you do and or feel for people who have really been there for you that you wouldn’t for people who are just around?
- Where does being truly present take everyone involved? Pls. explain.
- What people skills are key to helping you be more present with others?
- If you like being alone, how can you cope with other people wanting you to be there for them?
- How does being present relate to A) trust B) loyalty, if at all?
- What, if anything, would you say to others when you need them to be more present with you?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday July 24, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore being truly present with others vs. just being around..
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday July 24, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. July 24, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Being Truly Present: How & Why?.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.