Closed Mindsets: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Sept 25th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Impact of Closed Mindsets is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Sept. 25, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Impact of Closed Mindsets
In a previous chat, we explored how open-mindedness created and sustained good relationships. A chat participant, @NWarind, then suggested we explore the impact of closed mindsets. It’s an important topic. We often write it off without exploring the deeper impact of it. Closed mindsets aren’t always extreme. Sometimes the even a slightly closed mindset can change outcomes. So please JOIN us this SUN. Sept 25th 10am EDT in weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter to discuss the impact of closed mindsets.
Impact of Closed Mindsets
As we explore this topic in the upcoming Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- When you think of a closed-off mindset, what do you imagine/see?
- Being closed off to new ideas, people, and situations produces _____________.
- What are some outward signs of a closed-off mindset?
- How do closed-mindsets get their start? Roots of this attitude?
- What are the challenges of having a closed mindset?
- How does closed-mindedness in leaders affect those they lead? Examples?
- When open mindsets meet closed mindsets, __________________.
- How can you tell someone that you would like them to be more exploratory and open-minded?
- What can a new leader do to change the culture from closed-minded to open-minded?
- What is the difference between being goal driven vs. being closed-minded?
- How do parents’ closed mindsets impact their children now and in their adult lives?
- What people skills help turned closed-off mindsets into open-minded learning?
- How do early learning experiences impact being closed-minded or open-minded, if at all?
- OPINION: Bucket wish lists vs. open-minded exploration – which do you prefer and why?
Gather With Us
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Sept. 25, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore closed mindsets and how they impact ourselves and our relationships.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Sept. 25, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Sept 25, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Closed Mindsets.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.