Comparison Traps: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Jan 30th 10am ET
by Kate Nasser |
Comparison Traps is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Jan. 30, 2022 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: Daylight Saving Time is over and USA is now on standard time again.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Standard Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Comparison Traps
In our daily lives, we can be tempted to compare ourselves with others. Yet, it’s a temptation fraught with overt and hidden risks. Comparison traps can creep into a person’s thinking and change mindsets, thinking, choices, teamwork, interactions, and lives. Because these comparison traps impact human interaction, we take this up as a topic in our global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. Jan. 30th 10am EST on Twitter. Join us and share your perspective and experiences on what happens when we compare ourselves to others.
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- Picture yourself comparing yourself to others? How does that image impact you?
- What drives people to compare themselves with others? Causes?
- On what criteria do people compare themselves with others? Looks? Possessions? Friendships?
- What do people get out of comparing themselves to others? Benefits?
- How does it feel to NOT compare yourself to others?
- What psychological fears or conditions make it tempting to compare yourself to others?
- What values, beliefs, attitudes, make it difficult to NOT compare yourself to others?
- How does comparison impact a) productivity b) individual talent growth c) those being compared?
- How do people choose whom they will compare themselves to?
- What risks and traps are there to comparing yourself to others?
- What do comparison traps sound like? “Why can’t I …?” “Why do they have …?”
- Imagine two people — one who wants to compare to the other and the other who doesn’t like to compare. What friction and/or trouble can develop?
- When leaders compare employees/teammates to each other, ______________.
- How does shortage thinking or an abundance mindset relate to comparing yourself to others, if at all?
- What people skills would you use to respond to someone who is constantly comparing themselves to you?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Jan. 30th, 2022 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to discuss the impact of comparison traps.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Jan. 30th, 2022 at 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST to explore comparison traps.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Jan. 30, 2022 at 10amEST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Comparison Traps.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.