Cultural Intelligence: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. June 26th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Cultural Intelligence is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday June 26, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Cultural Intelligence
Last week in we explored how we label different behaviors as odd and how to change that. This week we follow up with the topic of cultural intelligence. Cultures tend to define social norms and acceptable behaviors. Of course, this means people in one culture may see other cultures’ behaviors as odd. Yet, it doesn’t have to be that way. We can learn and expand our perspectives! So come join us in in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. June 26, 10am EDT on Twitter to share your insights on cultural intelligence. Special thanks to chat moderator Tom Rhodes for this interesting new chat topic.
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- Beyond knowing about different cultures, what is cultural intelligence?
- Why is cultural intelligence important today? Examples?
- Cultural intelligence uncovers ________________.
- What are some key components, attitudes, and beliefs for developing more cultural awareness and knowledge?
- When you have been exposed to different cultures, what did you learn?
- In an online digital world, how is this type of intelligence relevant and valuable? Examples?
- What are some obstacles to developing intelligence about cultures?
- What have you learned about different cultures that you found most valuable and why? Do tell!
- How can people who cannot travel globally develop cultural intelligence?
- How can people skills help you develop cultural intelligence?
- What problems develop when you don’t have cultural awareness and intelligence?
- Why have we not developed more cultural intelligence given our online digital access to the world?
- What major world problems could we prevent and/or solve if everyone (not just leaders) developed intelligence about different cultures?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday June 26, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore cultural intelligence.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday June 26, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. June 26, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Cultural Intelligence.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.