Customer Service People Skills Create Profitable Connection
by Kate Nasser |
Customer service people skills are a gold mine of success. Why?
Customer service people skills connect at the depths of human need. Everyone loves to feel respected, honored, and valued! Think about you as a customer. Isn’t this true?
How deep do you and your teams go with customers?
Do your customer service people skills create profitable connection?
Beyond the standard mindset of caring for customers’ tangible needs, lies a gold mine of profitable connection through people skills. Let’s explore!!
A champion feels — elevated, accomplished, and elated. Interact with customers to make them feel like champions!
- Greet them with heartfelt enthusiasm. It elevates!
- Understand their goal line beyond the request. Help them accomplish it.
- Elate them with care and action don’t deflate them with procedural details.
Heroes are beloved and honored for their courage and action. Honor customers as our heroes!
- Customers courageously overcome fears and doubts and choose us.
- Customers’ actions (choices & purchases) keep us alive.
- Customers put their name on the line and refer their network to us.
- Customers courageously give us feedback to make us more successful.
- Customers give us the gift of their personal trust.
- Customers expand our horizons through theirs.
- Our customer service people skills must treat them like our heroes!
Customers want and are worthy of our respect!
- Let our customer service people skills show them respect as individuals vs. treating them like a transaction number.
- Let’s empathize with their struggle vs. labeling them as difficult.
- Let’s start by trusting them vs. guarding with mistrust.
- Let’s respect them by connecting in their channel vs. making them come to us.
- Let us make their day easier vs. adding to their burden.
Customer service people skills honor the customers for who they are. When we adapt to their personality styles, we respect them as individuals and create profitable connections. When we give them a little extra for no extra money, our gratitude and respect elevate them.
For years we have lived with the motto, people do business with those they know, like and trust.
The deeper truth is: People do business with those who respect, honor, and value them! Customer service people skills based on emotional and social intelligence are the pathway to profitable connections.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™
Gratitude for featured images to: Sweet Dreamz Design via Creative Commons License.
©2013 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.