Diversity Inclusion Steps: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. April 11th
by Kate Nasser |
Diversity Inclusion Steps is our global Twitter #PeopleSkillsChat.
WHEN: Sunday April 11, 2021 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on daylight saving time.
Click this worldwide time converter to convert your local time to USA eastern daylight time.
Global #PeopleSkillsChat Topic: Diversity Inclusion Steps
Workplaces have become more diverse (thankfully) yet there is a long way to go. As businesses focus on diversity and inclusion, they often focus on the hiring aspects. Yet that initial action, which can false short in and of itself, needs many more actions to turn diversity into true inclusion. Every aspect from leadership and management training, to diverse thinking patterns, to team building, must adapt to make diversity and inclusion a reality.
During this Celebrate Diversity Month, our people skills chat turns its attention once again to diversity inclusion steps that make a real difference. Please join us this SUN. April 11th at 10am EDT on Twitter in global #PeopleSkillsChat to explore this important business and employee experience topic. Be part of the diverse group to make this chat on diversity and inclusion truly effective.
Global People Skills Chat: Diversity Inclusion Steps
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10am EDT.
- What is your definition of a) diversity b) inclusion? How are they different?
- Why does diversity matter at work and in the greater scope of life?
- What happens when there is little diversity in business and the workplace?
- How does diversity and inclusion benefit the bottom line of the business? Benefits?
- What concrete obstacles are there to diversity and inclusion in business and the workplace?
- Where (what aspects) in business and the workplace must diversity and inclusion efforts improve? Why?
- What aspects of current leadership practices fall short of addressing diversity and inclusion?
- What concrete steps can businesses and leaders take to address these shortcomings?
- In what areas do diverse teammates struggle to form bonds and include diverse views?
- What can leaders and teams do to address these team challenges of diversity and inclusion?
- How can leaders, managers, and teams change the feelings that new diverse employees cause current employees to lose opportunities?
- How do people skills help diversity and inclusion steps to take hold?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday April 11, 2021 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat)
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday April 11, 2021 10am EDT/9amCDT/8amMDT/7am PDT Topic: Diversity Inclusion Steps.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. April 11, 2021 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat). TOPIC: Diversity Inclusion Steps.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.