Employee Engagement Breakthroughs: Easy Leadership Fixes
by Kate Nasser |
Leaders can easily create employee engagement breakthroughs when they make numbers come to life. Many leaders focus on metrics to quantify results yet they don’t inspire or engage employees. Great leaders engage employees in bringing numbers to life.
Leadership Steps for Easy Employee Engagement Breakthroughs
Do you engage or disengage employees with your leadership? Don’t assume you are inspiring employees. Assess it. Here’s a checklist to help you.
Leaders disengage employees when they:
- Primarily focus on metrics when communicating with employees. Do you open meetings with spreadsheets? Although it engages managers and some employees, it leaves others uninspired.
- Talk mostly about best practices. This message doesn’t engage creative thinking or innovation. It says, stick to the status quo and past successes.
- Insist on total adherence to processes and procedures. This tells employees to march to the orders instead of thinking how the process applies to each situation. Except for areas of medical science and physical safety, most procedures are flexible.
From this list you can see that leaders fail to engage when their actions say, “follow me” instead of “lead with me.” Following isn’t inspirational. Engagement is.
For easy employee engagement breakthroughs, break out of your restrictive approach to numbers, best practices, and procedures.
- Speak with employees about their view of business challenges. Asking engages more than telling. Ask them how they think the challenges impact the business and the customers. Then discuss solutions.
- Don’t start with dry spreadsheets of numbers. Create infographics with employees using the numbers. When you involve employees, you inspire them to be accountable for results.
- Tap their ideas on improving every aspect of the business. How would they improve processes and procedures for better customer experience? How would they reduce costs and improve net profit? As I consult to leaders and managers to create employee engagement breakthroughs, they discover how often they are shutting employees out. Then they realize that employee engagement is easy when you involve employees in discussions and decision making.
Employee Engagement Breakthroughs: Two Easy Fixes in One Minute Video
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
7 Pain Free Steps to Engage Employee Accountability
The Opposite of Leader is Not Follower
Employee Engagement Currency: Know Why Your Employees Work!
18 Actions of Highly Engaging Leaders
©2017 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
OFFER: Learn to quickly spot & adapt!
Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience.