Extreme Thinking Either/Or: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat Sun. May 2nd
by Kate Nasser |
Human Impact of Extreme Thinking Either/Or is our Twitter #PeopleSkillsChat topic.
WHEN: Sunday May 2, 2021 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on daylight saving time.
Click this worldwide time converter to convert your local time to USA eastern daylight time.
Global #PeopleSkillsChat Topic: Human Impact of Extreme Thinking Either/Or
Extreme thinking of either/or is tempting especially when people feel scared, insecure, overlooked, and excluded. Yet either/or thinking doesn’t represent reality. Very little in life is either/or. Moreover this extreme thinking can block your success. Also, it can tear teams and groups of people apart creating strife instead of fostering teamwork and collaboration.
Consider the true impact of living a “my way or the highway” life. Ponder the true impact in society of thinking that you either agree with me or you are my enemy! All of this extreme thinking seems to hinge on the desire to have everything your way because you believe that everything is win or lose. Well this zero-sum thinking does not represent reality. Win/win is far closer to the truth of what is possible in life. To this end, we will explore this topic this SUN. May 2nd 10am EDT on Twitter in weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat. Please join us to discuss the human impact of the extreme thinking “either/or” and how to embrace win/win.
Global People Skills Chat: Human Impact of Extreme Either/Or Thinking
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10am EDT.
- When you hear the phrase “either/or” thinking, what thoughts and feelings do you have?
- What drives this “either/or” thinking? Beliefs? Fears? Human needs?
- When someone disagrees with you on an issue you care much about, do you consider them your enemy? Y/N Pls. explain.
- How do you feel when someone expects or demands either/or thinking? e.g. You’re either with me or against me?
- What is the human impact in life and at work of extreme either/or thinking?
- If you are not an either/or thinker in general, are there certain times when you take an extreme stand? When? Why?
- What beliefs and attitudes foster exploration and collaboration instead of either/or thinking?
- What obstacles are there to helping either/or thinkers explore a broader view?
- How can we all engage in positive dialogue and debate vs. extreme thinking e.g. either/or?
- What is the difference between harmful extreme thinking and standing up for admirable values? Examples?
- How exactly does greed and power feed an extreme win/lose mentality?
- How do people skills foster open dialogue and help to overcome extreme thinking?
- What can leaders do to foster win/win thinking vs. extreme either/or thinking?
- If more people lived a win/win mindset, _______________.
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday May 2, 2021 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat)
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday May 2, 2021 10am EDT/9amCDT/8amMDT/7am PDT Topic: Human Impact of Extreme Thinking Either/Or.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. May 2, 2021 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat). TOPIC: Human Impact of Extreme Thinking Either/Or.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.