First Encounter Skills: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Sept 18th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser | Comments Off on First Encounter Skills: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Sept 18th 10am EDT
First Encounter Skills is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Sept. 18 , 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: First Encounter Skills
Building new relationships in everyday life and at work, often starts with a first encounter. Meeting new people can be exciting or unsettling. It depends on your outlook as well as your skills. It’s an important subject because life will always present new people. How you handle these first encounter moments impacts you more than you know! JOIN us this SUN. Sept 18th 10am EDT in weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter to discuss first encounter skills.
First Encounter Skills
As we explore this topic in the upcoming Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- Picture meeting someone you don’t know. What image and feelings do you get?
- Why does meeting new people present difficulties (at least to some)?
- A first encounter with someone is _________________.
- What are some of the tangible challenges to a first encounter?
- What are benefits of meeting new people?
- How does trust/mistrust impact your attitude toward meeting new people?
- When can meeting new people be a) easiest b) most exciting/beneficial?
- What are some of the best actions to take during a first encounter with someone?
- Great questions to ask: please share some of your most effective ones.
- What are some of the “don’ts” of first encounters?
- How / what people skills are essential and valuable in meeting new people?
- How can we be curious with others without seeming nosy?
- What do you do to build trust when meeting someone for the first time?
- Civility and honest: What roles do they play in first encounters?
- Some feel anxiety / panic when they meet someone they don’t know. What advice can we offer them?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Sept. 18, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore first encounter skills.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Continued thanks to generous chat moderators Jandis Price, Tom Rhodes, for their time and insightful contributions.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Sept. 18, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Sept 18, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: First Encounter Skills.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.