First Meeting People Skills: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat Sun. Feb 7th 10am ET
by Kate Nasser | Comments Off on First Meeting People Skills: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat Sun. Feb 7th 10am ET
First Meeting People Skills is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Feb. 7, 2021 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: Daylight Saving Time is over and USA is now on standard time again.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Standard Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: First Meeting People Skills
When you are in new situations and must have new interactions, how do you handle that first meeting with others? Some people immediately say that it’s no problem. They feel that meeting new people or interacting with people in a new setting is no different than interacting with those they know. Others find new interactions very stressful. And still others deny how they feel and push in without any thought or consideration. They often make a very bad first impression.
The good news is that a first meeting doesn’t have to be stressful. It also doesn’t have to be a complete failure. Please join us this Sunday Feb. 7, 2021 in global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter at 10am EST to explore first meeting people skills. We can easily handle a first meeting and new settings and situations in our work and personal life when we have the people skills to do it. Use hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter to participate this Sunday.
First Meeting People Skills
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- Picture yourself in a new situation? What is it and how do you feel?
- Why are new situations and interactions challenging?
- How can your passionate beliefs and opinions help or hinder your first meeting with others?
- What do you do when someone new arrives in a group you already belong to?
- When we think of social media interactions with those you are just meeting, what are some key steps to follow?
- What people skills steps do you use when you are new to a situation? Why do you choose those behaviors?
- Imagine you are in a chat and someone new enters and starts criticizing the chat. How do you see them? Impressions?
- What do assumptions do to first meetings and new interactions? Why?
- What aspects of emotional intelligence are valuable, perhaps essential, for good first meetings and impressions?
- OPINION: Is it a weakness to say “I’m new here.” Why/why not? What would you add, anything?
- When are new interactions easiest? Why?
- How can we overcome fears of new interactions and first meetings?
- How do cultural norms and values affect new interactions? Examples?
- Where/when have you had very successful first meetings? Why did it go well?
- How does personality type affect first meetings, if at all?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Feb. 7, 2021 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore first meeting people skills.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Continued thanks to generous chat moderators Jandis Price, Tom Rhodes, for their time and insightful contributions.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat this Sunday Feb. 7, 2021 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST to explore the topic of first meeting people skills.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Feb. 7, 2021 at 10amEST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: First Meeting People Skills.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.