Forming Perceptions: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Feb 28th 10am ET
by Kate Nasser |
Forming Perceptions is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Feb. 28, 2021 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: Daylight Saving Time is over and USA is now on standard time again.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Standard Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Forming Perceptions
Picture seeing people or meeting people for the first time. What first impressions do we have? What goes into forming perceptions of others? Many say that we form these perceptions based on who we are, what we value, what we fear, and what we want. Cultural and societal norms and prejudices factor into it too.
Well the the perceptions we form affect all of us. They affect every aspect of life, society, present and future. Please join us this Sunday Feb. 28, 2021 in global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter at 10am EST to explore how we form perceptions of others, the impact they have, and how to form more less biased perceptions. Use hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter to participate this Sunday.
Forming Perceptions of Others
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- When you hear the phrase ‘forming perceptions’, what thoughts, images, feelings come to mind?
- OPINION: Is every perception we form about others a judgment? Y/N Why?
- How do perceptions based on looks differ from perceptions based on actions, if at all?
- What emotional experiences impact how we form perceptions of others?
- How exactly do we form perceptions of others? Steps/components?
- When someone tells you their perception of you, how does that impact your perception of them?
- How can we form more accurate perceptions of others?
- “Our feelings are a product of our perception. ~ Sonia Teclai Agree/Disagree Why?
- The biases and illusions that impact how we see others — what keeps them alive and how can we replace them?
- Implicit (hidden) bias skews our perception. What affects has this had on individuals and society? Examples?
- How do people skills play a role in forming more accurate perceptions of others? Examples?
- What can we do to increase our self-awareness to form better perceptions of others?
- What would the world be like if we learned about others before forming an image of them?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Feb. 28, 2021 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore forming perceptions about others.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat this Sunday Feb. 28, 2021 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST to explore forming perceptions of others.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Feb. 28, 2021 at 10amEST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Forming Perceptions of Others.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.