Giving Advice: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Oct. 16th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Giving Advice is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Oct. 16, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Giving Advice
Giving advice to others can be a mine field. How do you stay objective? Will they receive your advice well? Do they really want advice or are they seeking validation? So JOIN us this SUN. Oct. 16th 10am EDT in weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter to discuss the do’s and don’ts of giving advice.
As we explore this topic in the upcoming Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- What thoughts/feelings do you have when someone asks for advice?
- To give advice, you must ________________.
- What are the challenges of giving advice to others?
- How do you handle the moment when someone asks for advice but doesn’t like it?
- How can you stay objective when giving advice?
- What is the difference between advice and insight, if any?
- What are the risks and outcomes of giving unsolicited advice?
- How does trust impact the giving and receiving of advice?
- What are some valuable steps in giving advice to others?
- Which people skills and elements of emotional intelligence are critical in giving advice?
- How will you know if someone truly wants your advice or instead, wants validation and support?
- How can you say no to someone who wants your advice without hurting them?
- What is some of the best advice you every received?
Gather With Us
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Oct. 16, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore giving advice.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Oct. 16, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Oct. 16, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Giving Advice.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.