Join Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. June 9th: Potent Listening Lessons
by Kate Nasser |
Potent Listening Lessons is our People Skills global Twitter chat topic this week.
WHEN: Sunday June 9, 2019 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA and Canada are now on Daylight Saving Time. For countries that don’t do it, the #PeopleSkillsChat will be one hour earlier than usual for you. Click this this link to convert 10am EDT to your local time.
People Skills Chat Topic: Potent Listening Lessons
Listening is a constant challenge and a constant need in life. Beyond the typical listening tips, there are hundreds of potent listening lessons to learn from diverse situations. Cultural differences, work style variations, gender differences, and occupational specialties are just a few that we face.
Join us this Sunday June 9th at 10am EDT in global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter, as we dig deeper into potent listening lessons from everyday life. Come share yours and learn from others! The hashtag is #PeopleSkillsChat.
People Skills Global Chat Topic: Difficult Conversation Success
As we prepare for this upcoming chat, here are questions to ponder. Actual questions will post live during the chat. Please use our expanded chat hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
- Potent listening comes from ______________.
- What does potent listening say to others about you? About them?
- What do you listen for when you are listening to others?
- How does listening affect trust and vice versa?
- What stereotypes about introverts & extroverts’ listening have you found untrue?
- How can listening be truly objective when the mind processes through filters? Thoughts?
- When is listening the most challenging?
- How does your occupation/work affect how and how well you listen? Examples?
- What does negative feedback do to your listening?
- How do gender roles and social norms affect listening?
- What are some of the biggest obstacles to potent listening?
- What potent listening lessons have you learned from your listening struggles?
- When leaders listen well, ______________.
- What people skills besides listening aid in listening well?
- What listening actions have helped you most at work and in your personal life? Why?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat this Sunday June 9, 2019 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat). TOPIC: Potent Listening Lessons.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday June 9, 2019 10am EDT/9amCDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
TIP: If you have never been in a Twitter chat, you may find it helpful to log on to Twubs.com or Tchat.io, enter hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat, and sign in to your Twitter account. The venue will insert the hashtag on each of your tweets and you will see all the tweets on one screen. Other tools available include TwChat.com, and TweetDeck.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. June 9, 2019 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Potent Listening Lessons.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2019 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.