Hearing Truth No Defensiveness: Join Global #PeopleSkillsChat Sun. Dec. 8th
by Kate Nasser | Comments Off on Hearing Truth No Defensiveness: Join Global #PeopleSkillsChat Sun. Dec. 8th
Hearing Truth Without Defensiveness is our global Twitter #PeopleSkillsChat.
WHEN: Sunday Dec. 8, 2019 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is back on standard time (daylight saving time has ended).
Click this worldwide time converter to convert your local time to USA eastern standard time.
Global #PeopleSkillsChat Topic: Hearing Truth Without Defensiveness
So often in interactions, people get defensive instead of hearing truth. They perceive a threat to their ego because they are thinking only of themselves instead of others. Hearing truth without defensiveness is vital to positive interactions, individual growth, career performance, and overall results in personal and professional life.
To that end, I invite you all to join us in People Skills global Twitter chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday, Dec. 8th, 2019 10am EST to share your insights and experience with hearing truth without defensiveness.
Global People Skills Chat: Hearing Truth Without Defensiveness
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10am EST.
- Why do people struggle with hearing other’s views?
- Where does defensiveness start?
- What triggers defensiveness and shuts down listening?
- Hearing truth and feedback about yourself can be hard because _________________.
- How does trust play into hearing truth without defensiveness?
- What blocks people from being open to other’s views and feedback?
- Which internal messages make people defensive and what can we replace them with?
- Living and working without defensiveness is ______________.
- What can help team members reduce the defensiveness that otherwise will weaken and even destroy teamwork?
- How can each person become more open to feedback without getting defensive? Examples?
- What role does emotional intelligence play in hearing truth without being defensive?
- How can great people skills help everyone to listen and hear without defensiveness?
- What societal values encourage or discourage staying open to feedback?
- What can leaders do to encourage & create openness to feedback and diverse views?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Dec. 8th, 2019 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat)
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Continued thanks to generous chat moderators Jandis Price, Tom Rhodes, for their time and insightful contributions.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Dec. 8th, 2019 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST Topic: Hearing Truth Without Defensiveness
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Dec. 8th, 2019 at 10am EST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat). TOPIC: Hearing Truth Without Defensiveness.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2019 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.