Leadership Integrity: The Small Steps That Win Big | #morale
by Kate Nasser |
Leadership Integrity: The Small Steps That Win Big
Integrity — especially leadership integrity — transforms every moment and result. Leadership integrity sets and builds a powerful organizational culture of integrity. It develops accountability vs. blame. It increases commitment and ownership. It replaces useless detours with a straight road to productivity.
Leadership Integrity: 5 Small Steps That Make a Big Difference!
Small steps of integrity in general makes a big difference in life, business, and your career. In leadership, it creates a tremendous transformation.
- Communicate! Communication is the small yet important step to let others know your vision, intention, and expectations. Leadership integrity requires that you step out of the shadows.
- Know your weaknesses & own them. To lead others with integrity, you must own what you are not good at. Own up to the trouble you create without excuses. Fix the trouble. This is leadership integrity.
- Separate out your personal preferences. Moderate your self-focus. Leaders who expect everyone to operate their preferred way crush contribution. Consider all different work styles and needs. Help meld them to reach organizational goals.
- Be fair not neutral. When there are disagreements and friction among employees, leaders must be fair to all. Some leaders mistakenly take a neutral stance thinking this is fair. Neutrality shirks your leadership responsibility. Be impartial and fair — not neutral.
- Be honest and civil. Being blunt and hurtful and calling it honest shows a huge lack of integrity. There is nothing upstanding about degrading others. Speak truthfully without dumping judgmental put downs on others. Honesty and civility show leadership integrity.
Self-awareness, open-mindedness, courage, and communication will show your leadership integrity to those you lead. It will ripple through the organization to customers and suppliers. You and your teams will be known as the brand of integrity! Well worth the effort and full of ROI.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2016 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Engage in people skills learning!
Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience.
I invite your questions, welcome your wisdom, and look forward to working with you.
~Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™