Leadership w/o Title – Success in the Gap
by Kate Nasser |
Want your career to advance? Show leadership without the title. If you live up to your current job description you have shown the leaders that they made the right decision.
If you step into the leadership gap, you show leaders what decision to make.
To leaders, your success in the gap is:
- A proof of concept that bypasses hell
- A purchase with no need for a return policy
- An investment that out performs the market
- An insurance policy with no deductible
Not all leaders can envision your potential. They need to see it right in front of them in order to decide. Why leave your career success up to their inability? Show them.
How can you do this without alienating teammates?
- Spot the teammates with energy – you will fuel each other.
- Spot the teammates with inertia – your energy frightens them. They need safety before they walk into the gap with you. Give them empathy before energy every time.
When you fill the gap, you fuel your future.
Yours in service,
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach
©2011 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. If you want to re-post or republish, please email email@example.com. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
What gaps have you filled that led to success in your career? I would love to hear your story in the comments section below.
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach, gives inspiration to action in every workshop, keynote, and consultation. Her years of practical experience in corporate work, feed your future success. See this site for what customers say about working with Kate.