Manager People Skills: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. March 28th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Manager People Skills is our global Twitter #PeopleSkillsChat.
WHEN: Sunday March 28th, 2021 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on daylight saving time.
Click this worldwide time converter to convert your local time to USA eastern daylight time.
Global #PeopleSkillsChat Topic: Manager People Skills
There are many people with the title of manager who are never given any leadership and people skills training. Whether it’s a first job as a store manager or a promotion up the ladder in a large corporation, managers often are ill-trained and ill-equipped to interact with those they manage. From the daily interactions to the more serious skills of handling bullying, racism, and other forms of discrimination, most managers need far more people skills training to do the job well.
What skills do they need? What different managerial jobs require different people skills? We often talk about leadership people skills yet overlook the people skills training that managers need. So we will take up this topic of manager people skills in our upcoming people skills chat on Twitter. Please join us in People Skills global Twitter chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday, March 28, 2021 10am EDT to share your insights on manager people skills, how poorly trained managers affect you, and what managerial training would be most helpful.
Global People Skills Chat: Manager People Skills
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10am EDT.
- Think of a “bad manager” you have had in your job(s). What did they do that was harmful to you and the team?
- How are managers often selected for the job of manager? Any examples?
- What do great managers do when managing people who are more experienced than they are?
- What challenges do managers face when their boss doesn’t think people skills are necessary?
- Front-line managers with little training _________________.
- What do managers need to learn about being a good manager that many do not learn?
- How should a manager behave (what should they do) when a team member is bullying other team members?
- What aspects of emotional intelligence are critical for managers — especially new ones?
- What people skills behaviors are critical to be a good manager?
- How can managers build trust when they are taking over a team from the previous manager?
- What beliefs, attitudes, and traits are most valuable when working as a manager?
- What advice would you give someone becoming a manager for the first time?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday March 28, 2021 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat)
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday March 28, 2021 10am EDT/9amCDT/8amMDT/7am PDT Topic: Manager People Skills.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. March 28, 2021 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat). TOPIC: Manager People Skills.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.