Team Members: Our Future is Behind Every Customer
by Kate Nasser |
Leaders, do you want to ensure that every employee is engaged in the critical business mission, i.e. the customer? Stand up and say “our future is behind every customer!”.
One of the most common traps for all teams is the subtle, unseen shifting of the mission from customer and mutual success to the details of delivering service.
Procedures, policies, scheduling, technology, performance metrics — these are not the mission. They are a means to an end. They are not the future.
This skew toward details also sends a mistaken message within the organization that delivering a great customer experience is ONE department’s mission. We know it isn’t. Each day, take some time from managing details and cross fertilize this inspirational message throughout the company.
Graphic by: Kimb Manson
Customer Service – Our Future Behind Every Customer
Customer focus is simple, respectful, and easily actionable. It is rooted in authentic care and common sense. Look behind each customer to discover the true need and connect for success.
- Behind every customer is the unknown yearning to be known. That’s our future of customer loyalty.
- Behind every customer ID number, is a person with a name whose needs we can fulfill. That’s our future. That’s success.
- Behind every customer question – odd, crazy, simplistic, or repetitive — is a chance to move them to the future and success.
- Behind every customer is another person whom we impact with our actions. Our care is growth for both. That’s our future and theirs.
- Behind every impatient customer is our future success with the tough times of life. That’s a future of skill and ability.
- Behind every customer are the factors that define great service to them. Look behind the customer to reach that future.
- Behind every customer is limitless potential. Cultivate the future.
- Behind every customer is the heart of our success. It beats for our future.
- Behind every customer is a wealth of knowledge free for the taking. Learn!
Ask for their name before their ID number!
Listen with an open mind!
It’s a one-to-one match!
Go to the well!
Maintain heart health!
Action Step: What is one thing each employee could and will do to fulfill the mission? Get their ideas at a company success picnic. Team members offer their actionable ideas and in return the leaders cook and serve food to order (e.g. sandwiches, pancakes, or whatever the culture loves).
Is there a #10? What would you add to this list?
Lead the future of customer loyalty …
When a brand commits to its customers’ success, the brand and its employees flourish.
Don’t leave success behind! Find it through your customers.
Would you like to easily share this inspiration throughout your company? FREE Offer: Subscribe to this Smart SenseAbilities™ blog and download your free thank you gift poster of Our Future is Behind Every Customer. Hang it in every office and every conference room as a thought-provoking reminder that will positively change your approach and results.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™
©2011-2012 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. If you want to re-post or republish this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach, delivers consulting, training, DVDs, and keynotes for the ultimate customer experience, teamwork, employee engagement, and leading change. She turns interaction obstacles into business success. See this site for workshops outlines, customer successes, and her inspiring video footage.