Parents Changing Roles & Interactions: JOIN #PeopleSkills Chat May 14th
by Kate Nasser |
Parents Changing Roles & Interaction is #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday May 14, 2017 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkills
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time. If your country is on standard time, #PeopleSkills chat will be one hour earlier than usual in your local time zone.
Click this daylight saving time link to see when/if your country switches to daylight saving time.
Background on This Chat Topic: Parents Changing Roles & Interactions
Parents roles change as their children develop and age. How do their interactions and communication change along the way? Then as parents age, adult children take on new roles with their parents. What impact does this have on interaction? JOIN us May 14, 2017, 10amEDT in #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat as we explore parents changing roles and interactions.
Parents Changing Roles & Interactions
Parents changing roles with their children impact parent child interactions. Then as parents age, children’s changing roles impact the dynamics once again. We will explore the people skills issues about parents changing roles in this Sunday’s People Skills global chat.
Some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat.
- What are all the roles that parents have with/for their infants and young children?
- How does it feel like to fulfill these roles?
- How does it feel to see children develop the ability to take care of themselves?
- Emotional intelligence is at the heart of great people skills. How/when do parents use it to be great parents.
- What happens when parents fixate on their initial roles even as children develop and age?
- How does parent/child interaction shape a child’s development? Examples?
- The best ways to develop your children’s emotional intelligence and people skills are _____________.
- What people skills are most helpful in parent child interactions?
- How do parents’ love and kindness impact children’s future interactions with others in life?
- What interactions typify ‘tough love’ & how can it help/harm children?
- As parents age, what interaction challenges develop between them & adult children?
- They say that parents eventually become the children. How can adult children best interact with their parents?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday May 14, 2017 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkills) to explore parents changing roles and interactions.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the Google+ People Skills Community and the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7. Get your people skills community member badge here.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#peopleskills), Google+, and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkills) this Sunday May 14, 2017 10am EDT/9amCDT/8amMDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
TIP: If you have never been in a Twitter chat, you may find it helpful to log on to Twubs.com or Tweetchat.com, enter hashtag #peopleskills, and sign in to your Twitter account. The venue will insert the hashtag on each of your tweets and you will see all the tweets on one screen. Other tools available are Tchat.io, Hootsuite and TweetDeck.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. May 14th at 10amEDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkills) TOPIC: Parents Changing Roles & Interactions.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2017 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.