Patronizing Alternatives: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. April 3rd 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Patronizing Alternatives is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday April 3, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Patronizing Alternatives
When people patronize other adults, it draws a very negative response. Very few adults want to hear a patronizing tone of voice or remark. Yet many do it. This makes us ask why? Why do people treat other adults this way? Is it because they want to demean others? Or could it be they want control over everyone? Or is it that they don’t know how to speak in a more respectful way? Do come join us in in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. April 3, 10am EDT on Twitter to lend your insights about patronizing alternatives.
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- How do you define patronizing behaviors?
- When someone patronizes me, I feel _____________ because _______.
- Where do patronizing behaviors come from? Why do people patronize others?
- How do your values and philosophy of life feed how you treat others? Patronize vs. helpful?
- When leaders treat employees in a patronizing way, how does it affect morale and performance?
- What are some examples of patronizing behaviors?
- What is the difference — behaviorally — between being a) helpful vs. b) patronizing?
- When a patronizing remark/behavior comes at you, how do you handle it? Best practices? Examples?
- What are some alternatives to patronizing others when you get frustrated or angry?
- How can we use people skills to tell others they are coming across as patronizing and the impact on us?
- Where and how can people learn to be more aware of how they come across to others?
- When we can’t avoid patronizing people, how can we maintain inner peace, calm, and happiness?
- What role can emotional intelligence play in modifying our behavior to treat others better?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday April 3, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore alternatives to patronizing others.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday April 3, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT to explore patronizing alternatives.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. April 3, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Patronizing Alternatives.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.