People Skills Mistakes Won’t Define You If …
by Kate Nasser |
Interacting with others can be carefree or treacherous depending on the situation. Using your best people-skills steers you through the tough moments. But what if you make a mistake?
It may comfort you to know that your people-skills mistakes won’t define you if …
- Denying in the face of blatant evidence. “I didn’t make a mistake. It’s normal for people to get angry or walk away after I speak to them.” – What a fool!
- Explaining why you acted that way. “Here’s why I treated you badly.” – Nincompoop!
- Repeating the same mistake. Moments define you if you don’t learn and change. – Dummy!
- Treating people the way you don’t want to be treated. “That’s the way people treat me and misery loves company.” – Sadist!
- Giving lame apologies that minimize your mistakes. Children hide. Adults own the impact of their behavior. -“Childish or Mature”: Which label do you want?
Related post:The Words That Destroy Apologies
Great people skills are not magic or voodoo. They are outward examples of consideration for others. You use them in person, on the phone, and online.
They are the opposite of EGO = Excluding Greatness Of Heart ~Melody Lea Lamb. They build trust, collaboration, and limitless potential.
Don’t let your people-skills mistakes limit you.
From my experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach
I am planning a free people-skills webinar. Would you like to attend, submit a story, participate or help promote? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2011 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. If you want to re-post or republish, please email email@example.com. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach,, delivers workshops, keynotes, and consultations that turn interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. Leaders have been booking Kate for 21 years to turn people-skills extremes into business success. See this site for customer results and book Kate now.