People Skills Twitter Chat Sunday: Breaking Through Stereotypes
by Kate Nasser | Comments Off on People Skills Twitter Chat Sunday: Breaking Through Stereotypes
People skills Twitter Chat: Breaking Through Stereotypes. WHEN: Sunday March 3rd, 2013 at 10AM ET/3pm GMT. Hashtag #peopleskills.
As I was reading How Stereotypes Happen I knew that breaking through stereotypes would be a valuable people skills Twitter chat (#peopleskills). Great people skills build bonds of understanding. Stereotypes block connection.
Stereotypes seem to surface without warning. Some stick and become labels. Others quickly fade. I propose stereotypes cause far more harm than good:
- Blocks learning & understanding
- Leaves talents untapped
- Builds barriers to teamwork and collaboration
- Sets the scene for unnecessary conflict
- Marginalizes people
- Obstructs progress
- Feeds the bully mindset
- and freezes rather than warms the heart.
Please join all of us in the People Skills Twitter chat to explore Breaking Through Stereotypes. #PeopleSkills Sunday 10am ET/3pm GMT. Your contribution to this discussion moves the world forward to more openness and understanding!
People Skills Twitter Chat – Breaking Through Stereotypes
Join us this Sunday March 3, 2013 at 10am ET/3pm GMT on Twitter #peopleskills to explore …
- How do *you define stereotyping?
- What brings people to stereotype?
- Where do stereotypes get their power & reach?
- Stereotypes & Bias: What’s the relationship?
- When are people most likely to stereotype?
- How do stereotypes affect you and others?
- Breaking through stereotypes: How hard is it?
- What can this world accomplish w/o stereotypes?
- TRUTH: What must we do to break through stereotypes?
- What can we do to guide children away from stereotyping?
- How do great #peopleskills break through stereotypes?
- … and much more!
We have only one rule in People Skills Twitter Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree. Everyone is welcome!
TIP: If you have never been in a Twitter chat, you may find it helpful to log on to Tweetchat.com, enter hashtag #peopleskills, and sign in to your Twitter account. Tweetchat will insert the hashtag automatically for you and you will see all the tweets on one screen. Other tools available are Hootsuite.com and TweetDeck.com.
I am the moderator of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sunday March 3, 2013 in People Skills Twitter Chat – Breaking Through Stereotypes! Hashtag #peopleskills.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™
©2013 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.