Persuasion: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Jan. 10th 10am ET
by Kate Nasser |
Persuasion is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Jan. 10, 2021 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: Daylight Saving Time is over and USA is now on standard time again.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Standard Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Persuasion
As we reflect back on 2020 and all of its challenges, persuasion was heavily in the mix. Amid the deadly COVID-19 outbreak, it became clear how many people would not believe it was real. Scientists continue give evidence to persuade people and yet people still resist taking precautions. Beyond that, leaders in every field face the need to persuade those they lead and strive to do it better and better. We will most likely do more chats on persuasion in years ahead. Yet we would love you to join us this Sunday Jan. 10, 2021 in global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter at 10am EST to explore the topic of persuasion for the very first time.
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- How do you define persuasion?
- How is it different from influence and/or debate, if at all?
- “Persuasion is about getting people to change and that’s why they resist it.” Y/N Why?
- What role does intention play in the ethics of persuasion?
- What qualities do you respect in persuaders?
- How can you persuade someone without running over their thoughts?
- Persuasion based on ________ benefits everyone.
- What should you not do when trying to persuade someone?
- When working with customers in customer service, how can you persuade them to follow company rules? Should you?
- What are key steps for leaders to persuade employees?
- Why has it been so difficult to persuade people that COVID-19 is real and to follow precautions?
- OPINION: What factors are strongest when trying to persuade people during a crisis?
- When appealing to people’s emotions to persuade them (pathos persuasion), what must you be careful of doing?
- How does knowing each other well, help or hinder persuasion?
- How can you persuade a family member to change their harmful behavior?
- In what ways do you use people skills when trying to persuade others?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Jan. 10, 2021 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore the topic of persuasion.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Jan. 10th, 2021 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST to explore the topic of persuasion.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Jan. 10th, 2021 at 10amEST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Persuasion.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.