Respectful Criticism vs Contempt: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat Sun. Dec. 12th
by Kate Nasser |
Respectful Criticism vs. Contempt is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Dec. 12, 2021 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: Daylight Saving Time is over and USA is now on standard time again.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Standard Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Respectful Criticism vs. Contempt
In work settings and in everyday life, people offer criticism that comes across as contempt. When leaders criticize those they lead in a contemptuous manner, it leaves scars that reduce performance and productivity. Respect criticism on the other hand, can help everyone grow. How can people — especially leaders — give respectful criticism vs. contempt. Please join us this Sunday Dec. 12th, 2021 in global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter at 10am EST to explore how to engage in respectful criticism instead of showing contempt. It’s the first time we are exploring this topic and I look forward to reading your insights and perspectives in the chat!
Respectful Criticism vs. Contempt
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- What is contempt? How do you define it?
- How does contempt show itself?
- What feelings turn criticism into contempt?
- When are we more likely to show contempt for others instead of respectful criticism?
- What are the challenges of giving critical feedback that doesn’t show contempt?
- What words/phrases truly sound contemptuous of others?
- When leaders and managers are giving criticism, they _______________.
- How can we respond to contempt without sounding contemptuous in return? Examples?
- How can people skills empower us to give respectful criticism that doesn’t tear others down?
- When we have erred and showed contempt to employees and/or teammates, how can we repair the relationships?
- What are the long term effects of sounding contemptuous of others A) at work B) our friends and family?
- What images and/or beliefs can help us treat others with respect even when we are offering criticism?
- How would the world be different if people did not show contempt for others?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Dec. 12, 2021 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to discuss how to use respectful criticism instead of contempt for others.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Dec. 12, 2021 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST to explore respectful criticism vs. contempt for others.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Dec. 12, 2021 at 10amEST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Respectful Criticism vs. Contempt.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.