Effects of Rumors & Gossip: JOIN #PeopleSkills Chat March 26th
by Kate Nasser | Comments Off on Effects of Rumors & Gossip: JOIN #PeopleSkills Chat March 26th
The Effects of Rumors & Gossip is #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Mar. 26, 2017 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkills
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time. If your country is on standard time, #PeopleSkills chat will be one hour earlier than usual in your local time zone.
Click this daylight saving time link to see when/if your country switches to daylight saving time.
Background on This Chat Topic: The Effects of Rumors & Gossip
Rumors and gossip seem to be a part of everyday life and every workplace. Yet this doesn’t mean they are harmless. When people discuss what to do about it, opinions range from ignoring it to addressing it head on. As The People Skills Coach™, I recommend we discuss the effects in order to find a more widespread and permanent change in behavior. JOIN us March 26th, 10amEDT in #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat as we explore the effects of rumors and gossip.
Image designed by: Kimb Manson Graphics Design for Kate Nasser. All rights reserved.
Effects of Rumors & Gossip
Join us in #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat on Sunday March 26, 2017 10amEDT to explore the phenomenon and effects of rumors and gossip.
Some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat.
- Rumors and gossip: What feelings or images does this phrase evoke in you?
- What is the difference between rumors and gossip, if any?
- Where do rumors come from? How do they get started?
- “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” Ag/Disag Why?
- Some say rumors and gossip have universal appeal. Why/why not?
- What role does conscious and unconscious bias play in how we see rumors and gossip?
- What benefits and value, if any, do rumors provide?
- How do rumors and gossip harm people in the short term and long term?
- When you hear a rumor, what do you generally do?
- What can happen to our future when people thrive on rumors and gossip?
- When rumors and gossip abound, truth ________________.
- How do rumors and gossip affect human interaction?
- What affect do rumors and gossip have on workplace interaction and on careers?
- How has social media helped to spread or stop rumors and gossip?
- Are rumors and gossip a form of bullying? Y/N Pls. explain.
- How can we stop the gossip we hear at work and in life?
- How can great communication and people skills stop rumors and gossip and their harmful effects?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday March 26, 2017 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkills).
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the Google+ People Skills Community and the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7. Get your people skills community member badge here.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#peopleskills), Google+, and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Continued thanks to generous chat moderators Chantal Bechervaise, Dave Moore, Jandis Price and Tom Rhodes for their time and insightful contributions.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat #peopleskills this Sunday March 26, 2017 10am EDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
TIP: If you have never been in a Twitter chat, you may find it helpful to log on to Twubs.com or Tweetchat.com, enter hashtag #peopleskills, and sign in to your Twitter account. The venue will insert the hashtag on each of your tweets and you will see all the tweets on one screen. Other tools available are Tchat.io, Hootsuite and TweetDeck.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. March 26, 2017 10amEDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkills) TOPIC: Effects of Rumors & Gossip.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2017 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.