Setting Limits to Grow: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. June 12th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Setting Limits to Help Others Grow is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat Sunday.
WHEN: Sunday June 12, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Setting Limits to Grow
So often when people think of people skills, they mistakenly believe it means letting others run over you. Not true! Setting limits with others who are demeaning you and disrespecting you can be necessary. People skills give you the ability to do it with dignity. Moreover, it helps both you and others. There are people who will continue to push others until they see they can’t do it anymore. So come join us in in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. June 12, 10am EDT on Twitter to discuss setting limits with others and helping them grow.
Setting Limits to Help Others Grow
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- When you picture setting limits with others, what do you see?
- Setting limits with others who are disrespecting and even demeaning you is ______________.
- Why do some people encroach on other’s space?
- How does setting limits with others help you?
- In what ways do other’s grow when they see they can’t push you around?
- When is it good to overlook other’s disrespect of you? Why?
- If someone gets upset when you set limits, ______________.
- While feeling disrespected, how can you engage in discussion to understand the source of other’s negative actions?
- How do previous scars impact your ability to set limits with others?
- What thoughts and beliefs a) help and b) hinder your ability to set limits with others?
- Is it more difficult to set limits with others at work (than in your personal life)? Y/N Pls. explain.
- What would you say to set limits with others who are disrespecting you?
- What people skills steps are important in setting limits with others?
- How can you best support someone who is being verbally bullied and struggling with how to set limits?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday June 12, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore the setting limits with others.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday June 12, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. June 12, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Setting Limits to Help Others Grow.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.