Thriving in Change: Scale Down to Step Up
by Kate Nasser |
Are you slow to change even when things are bad? Thriving in change is not as complicated as you think. Those who thrive in change act on one belief: scale down to step up.
Scale Down to Step Up
- Abandon absolutes of your thoughts and make space for new ideas. I always saw myself as a speaker and not a writer. I now do both.
- Move constant complainers off the team to boost morale and productivity of committed workers. The re-energized team will produce better results.
- Reduce false hope that things will change and increase actions to make things change. Take small steps forward. You lessen fear of mistakes and build self empowerment.
- Eliminate relationships that focus on your weaknesses and step up to supportive connections. I walked away from a 15 year friendship when I admitted that she was a wart on the spirit of life.
- Give up comforts that keep you in the present and adopt new comforts that move you forward. I scaled down cable TV. I found all types of fun online learning and discovered more time for interesting new friends and Latin dancing.
Thriving in Change. Throw off the old myth: better the devil you know. Habit makes the current pain seem easier for now. But thought-filled action brings new found possibilities and a new found confidence.
Best wishes for your future. I am here as your GPS and catalytic force.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™
Kate Nasser, The People-Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, customer service, customer experience, and teamwork. For 23 years, she has turned interaction obstacles into business success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer testimonials and results.