Addressing Toxic Gossip: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat March 1st 10am ET
by Kate Nasser |
Addressing Toxic Gossip is our global Twitter #PeopleSkillsChat.
WHEN: Sunday March 1, 2020 at 10AM EST. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is back on standard time (daylight saving time has ended).
Click this worldwide time converter to convert your local time to USA eastern standard time.
Global #PeopleSkillsChat Topic: Addressing Toxic Gossip
Although some people say that gossip — and toxic gossip — is inevitable in life, I wonder about its impact. Moreover, in a work setting how can you address it and still remain professional? Must you remain silent when others gossip about you? How can you stop people from sharing gossip about others with you? Most of all, what impact does toxic gossip have on individuals, teams, morale, and productivity?
Will you please join us in People Skills global Twitter chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) on Sunday, March 1, 2020 10am EST to share your insights on addressing toxic gossip.
Global People Skills Chat: Addressing Toxic Gossip
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10am EST.
- What is toxic gossip?
- Is there such a thing as positive non-toxic gossip? Examples?
- What images come to your mind when you hear the phrase toxic gossip?
- How does gossip get started and what gives it wings?
- OPINION: All human beings are drawn to gossip. You can’t change that. Ag/Disag Why?
- What is the difference between being interested and curious vs. seeking/sharing gossip?
- What drives some people to watch out for people’s well-being and other’s driven to share toxic gossip?
- In the workplace, what types of toxic gossip about people or the company are common? Exmples?
- What is the true impact of toxic gossip on people?
- How can we stop toxic gossip at work from spreading?
- How can we address toxic gossip about ourselves: At work? In life?
- In what ways can people skills help us address toxic gossip and stop it?
- Action Steps: What will you do this coming week when someone shares some gossip about another person with you?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday March 1, 2020 at 10amEST on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat)
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday March 1st, 2020 10am EST/9amCST/8amMST/7am PST Topic: Addressing Toxic Gossip.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. March 1, 2020 at 10am EST in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat). TOPIC: Addressing Toxic Gossip.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2020 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.