Turn Followers into Collaborators: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Sept 5th
by Kate Nasser |
Turn Followers into Collaborators is our Twitter Global #PeopleSkillsChat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Sept. 5th, 2021 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on daylight saving time.
Click this worldwide time converter to convert your local time to USA eastern daylight time.
Global #PeopleSkillsChat Background: How to Turn Followers into Collaborators
For years we have heard the words leaders and followers. We have also heard people say, be a leader not a follower. Now if we turn our focus to the workplace, it seems that this concept of some people being leaders and others followers has persisted for many years. Despite all the focus on employee engagement and empowerment, why do we still insist on calling employees followers? It’s time (in fact way past time) that we start calling them collaborators. Then we can ask the more valuable question about how to turn followers into collaborators.
So join us this Labor Day weekend in the USA, Sunday Sept. 5th 10am EDT in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter to explore the advantages of having collaborators instead of followers and how to make this transition. We value diverse opinions and hope you will contribute your insights and ideas so we can all learn and grow.
Global People Skills Chat: Turn Followers into Collaborators
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10am EDT.
- Picture a leader and a follower. What images do you see?
- What attitudes and behaviors are a part of being a follower?
- How does a follower differ from a collaborator?
- Why do companies hold onto the label of follower instead of focusing on developing collaborators?
- Leaders and collaborators succeed because _____________.
- What specific advantages do companies experience when they treat employees like collaborators rather than followers?
- What steps should leaders & managers take to develop collaborative behavior in those they lead?
- Where else in the organization must they address turning followers into collaborators?
- What fears do leaders and managers have of empowering employees and engaging their ideas as collaborators?
- How can leaders and managers deal with and overcome those fears?
- What beliefs will A) help and B) hinder the move from follower to collaborator?
- How do emotional intelligence and people skills play a key role in fostering collaborators instead of followers?
- How does fostering collaboration help employees and their morale?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Sept. 5, 2021 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat)
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Sept. 5, 2021 10am EDT/9amCDT/8amMDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Sept. 5, 2021 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat). TOPIC: Turn Followers into Collaborators.
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2021 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.