Verbal Collisions: JOIN Weekly Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Aug. 7th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Verbal Collisions is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Aug. 7, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Verbal Collisions
When we think of the word collision, most everyone thinks of something negative. Yet how would it change the outcome if we saw a verbal collision as a sudden powerful meeting of diverse thoughts? It doesn’t have to mean continued heated conflict. How can we turn initial verbal collisions into positive outcomes? Come join us in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. Aug. 7, 2022 at 10am EDT on Twitter to explore and share your insights on many aspects of verbal collisions. We will explore this from many angles including both at work and in our personal relationships.
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- What adjectives describe your view of the word collision?
- Why do differences seem to breed verbal collisions?
- When diverse thoughts meet, ___________.
- What are all the types of differences that collide into conflict?
- How can our A)state of mind B) beliefs determine whether a collision of differences turns into conflict or opportunity?
- What can we do to shift an initial collision of differences into a discussion of possibilities for everyone?
- What types of words and phrases A) inflame B) de-escalate verbal collisions?
- How do differences in power impact people’s willingness to collaborate vs. collide?
- How do people skills play a key role in turning verbal collision into positive possibilities?
- Where in your life have you had success in turning a collision of differences into something more positive?
- What could this world achieve if it were focused on finding common ground vs. colliding for individual gain?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Aug. 7, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore many aspects of verbal collisions.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Aug 7, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Aug. 7, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Verbal Collisions.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.