Virtual Work: JOIN Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. Oct. 25th 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser |
Virtual Work is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday Oct. 25th, 2020 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time. If your country is on standard time, #PeopleSkillsChat will be one hour earlier than usual in your local time zone.
Click this daylight saving time link to see when/if your country switches to daylight saving time.
Background on Chat: Virtual Work
Although virtual work (e.g. working from home) has been around for decades, it has become commonplace with this pandemic. Many say it’s likely to stay even after this pandemic is over. So what have we learned about the challenges of virtual work that we can carry forward. Specifically, what human interaction challenges are there with virtual work? Please join us this Sunday Oct. 25th in global #PeopleSkillsChat on Twitter at 10am EDT to explore virtual work interactions.
Virtual Work Interaction
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. Actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- What phrase would you use to describe working virtually (vs. all in the same place)?
- How does working all in one place make it easier than working virtually?
- Human interaction from a distance is _____________ because ___________.
- What are the human interaction challenges to working virtually?
- How does virtual work challenge or help trust building?
- What are some of the toughest human moments when working virtually? Examples?
- What people skills steps are essential for successful virtual work?
- Virtual meetings: How can each participant make the whole more effective?
- Does working virtually make people so comfortable that they forget what is appropriate to say and do when working with others? Y/N Pls. explain.
- How does virtual work create or exaggerate interpersonal struggles and friction?
- What extra focus must you put on communication when working virtually vs. all in one place? Why?
- Virtual teamwork requires _________________.
- What must leaders do to lead morale of virtual teams?
- How does emotional intelligence facilitate virtual work?
- Overall, do you think virtual work strengthens or weakens teamwork and collaboration? Why?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday Oct. 25th, 2020 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to discuss virtual work interactions.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday Oct. 25, 2020 10am EDT/9amCDT/8amMDT/7am PDT to explore interactions when working virtually.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. Oct. 25th, 2020 at 10amEDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Virtual Work Interactions.
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2020 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.