Why Words Matter: JOIN Weekly Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. July 31st 10am EDT
by Kate Nasser | Comments Off on Why Words Matter: JOIN Weekly Global #PeopleSkillsChat SUN. July 31st 10am EDT
Why & How Words Matter is our #PeopleSkills global Twitter chat topic.
WHEN: Sunday July 31, 2022 at 10AM EDT. Hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat
NOTE: USA is now on Daylight Saving Time.
Click this time zone converter to convert Eastern Daylight Time to your local time zone.
Background on Chat: Why & How Words Matter
A great part of human interaction comes through verbal communication. Our words and tone of voice can impact others — for better or worse. Certainly non-verbal communication plays a huge role as well. Yet as we become more digital in our interaction, it’s important to revisit the power of words. So, come join us in our weekly global #PeopleSkillsChat this SUN. July 31st at 10am EDT on Twitter to explore and share your insights on how and why words really matter. We will explore this from many angles including both at work and in our personal relationships.
Why & How Words Matter!
As we explore this topic in the upcoming People Skills global Twitter chat, here are some questions to get us thinking in advance. The actual questions will post live during the chat on Sunday 10amET.
- When you hear the phrase “words really matter”, what images or feelings do you have?
- What purpose and role do words have in our lives?
- Words can __________ or ___________.
- How are relationships affected by the words we say A) at work and B) in our personal lives?
- What do positive words do for others? Examples?
- What can we learn about the power of words from great writers and poets?
- How do our words affect trust building? Pls. explain.
- In this more digital (less face-to-face) world, how have the impact of words changed, if at all?
- What can the words we choose to say, say about us?
- How do leaders’ words help motivate others and lead morale?
- What can we do to improve how we choose our words? Any selection criteria?
- What can positive words do that negative words can’t, if at all?
- How can words help us to be honest without being blunt and hurtful to others? Examples?
- They say that just hearing someone’s voice, can lift you up when you are down? Why?
- How do words feed creativity and innovation?
- What are two things each of us can do to choose and use words better?
So bring your personal perspective, your favorite beverage, and join the people skills global chat community this Sunday July 31, 2022 at 10amEDT on Twitter (hashtag: #PeopleSkillsChat) to explore why & how our words impact others.
I also invite you to continue this chat by joining the LinkedIn Group People Skills Succeed to be a part of all the people skills discussions everyday 24×7.
Shout Out of Gratitude
My gratitude to all who participate and grow the people skills global chat community on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat), and LinkedIn. We welcome your suggestions for topics, offers to co-host, and most especially your insights.
Continued thanks to generous chat moderators Jandis Price, Tom Rhodes, for their time and insightful contributions.
Hope you will all join People Skills Global Twitter Chat (Hashtag #PeopleSkillsChat) this Sunday July 31, 2022 at 10am EDT/9am CDT/8am MDT/7am PDT.
Everyone is welcome! We have only one rule in People Skills Global Chat: Respect for all even when we disagree.
I am the founder and host of the chat and will be happy to answer any questions you have in advance: Email me.
Chat with you this Sun. July 31, 2022 at 10am EDT in People Skills Global Chat on Twitter (#PeopleSkillsChat) TOPIC: Why & How Words Matter!
Until then, as always, I wish you bonds of happiness and success!
From my professional experience to your success,
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™
©2022 Kate Nasser, CAS, Inc. Somerville, NJ. I appreciate your sharing the link to this post on your social streams. However, if you want to re-post or republish the content of this post, please email email@example.com for permission and guidelines. Thank you for respecting intellectual capital.
Kate Nasser, The People Skills Coach™, delivers coaching, consulting, training, and keynotes on leading change, employee engagement, teamwork, and delivering the ultimate customer service. She turns interaction obstacles into interpersonal success. See this site for workshop outlines, keynote footage, and customer results.
Join me through these social channels.
Engage in people skills learning! Let’s turn interaction obstacles into business success in leadership, teamwork, and customer service experience. I invite your questions, share my experience, and welcome your wisdom.